The minimum tariff for tourist visiting in a group of 3 persons or more is as follows:
High Season Tariff – US$ 250 per person per night halt ( March, April, May, September, October and November ).
Low Season Tariff – US$ 200 per person per night halt (January, February, June, July and December).
Individual tourists and smaller groups of less than three persons shall be subject to surcharge, over and above the minimum daily rates applicable, as follows:
- Single individual US$ 40 per night
- Group of 2 persons US$ 30 per person per night
The above cost includes:
- All internal taxes and charges (including the royalty)
- Accommodation minimum of 3 star accommodation (4 & 5 star may require an additional premium).
- All Meals ( Breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- All travel with a licensed Bhutanese Tour Guide
- All Internal Transport
- Camping Equipment and Haulage for Trekking Tours
With effect from 01/07/2009, the government has revoked the 25% discount on Diplomatic visas.
There shall be no charge for CHILDREN up to the age of 5 years. However, those between the ages of 6-12 years accompanied by elders/ guardians shall be given 50% discount on daily rates.
Full time STUDENTS below the age of 25 years holding valid identity cards from their academic institutions shall also be given a 25% discount on daily rates.
Tour Programmes booked and subsequently cancelled shall be subject to cancellation charges as follows:
- within 30 days of start of programme ~ no charges
- within 21 days ~ 10% of rate
- within 14 days ~ 15% of rate
- within 7 days ~ 30% of rate
- less than 7 days or without notice ~ 50% of rate
- after arrival in Bhutan ~ 100%